Jun 4, 2013
St. Matthew Church opened in 1953 to serve the summer people who visited Windham to enjoy the recreation offered by the lakes in the area. It remained a mission church until 1962 when it then became a parish. Over the years, many Windham residents had been accustomed to attending Mass in the surrounding towns. Slowly the parish has grown from seventy-five to twenty one hundred families today.
The Parish Center was originally built in 1966. Due to the increase in the number of parishioners St. Matthew Church needed to expand their Parish Center for both youth education and meeting facilities. Their goal was to perform a million dollar renovation on this building more than doubling the current size of 10,000 square feet to 23,000 square feet. This renovation included new electrical, plumbing, heating and air conditioning systems throughout the building.
Despite layout changes throughout construction, equipment relocation issues and aesthetic requirements MSI was able to complete the project ahead of schedule while meeting the church’s needs. Our team continuously made recommendations for space saving techniques, reworked piping and ductwork as needed for redesigned areas and maintained a clean safety record for the entire project.
MSI is proud to be a part of building a brighter future for youth education in our community and surrounding areas. We are also very proud of our employees and their accomplishments. We are dedicated to providing them with the tools, training and support that fosters their ability to work in a safe, professional manner in a rapidly changing environment, while maintaining our standard of high quality.
- Latest News
- Our Services
- Community Involvement
- Building Dreams For Marines
- Friends of the Library of Windham
- Habitat for Humanity
- Girl Scouts
- Salem Chamber
- Boys & Girls Club
- The Rotary Club of Greater Salem
- The Pan-Massachusetts Challenge
- Shepherd’s Pantry & NH Food Bank
- Toys for Tots
- School to Career
- Our Projects
- Contact Us